Tuesday, January 21, 2014

{Introducing Hannah}

The next 2 days after delivery were a blur and they run together, so I don't remember much of what happened. I don't remember much of what happened after we got to the recovery room and got settled in. I remember them telling me that Hannah was having a hard time keeping her body temperature up and they wanted me to hold her skin to skin so she will stay warm. They brought in warm blankets for extra warmth. We just sat and enjoyed her during this time and I didn't want to put her down and I couldn't stop staring at her. They took her a few times during the night and I was so tired from labor and delivery, that I don't remember what went on. I remember it finally being morning and we were so excited for Sydney to come meet her little sister!! Sydney has been especially excited to give Hannah her gift she bought for her and was even more excited to receive the gift from Hannah. When she got there, she was so excited to meet her sister. She came over and just looked at her. She then opened Hannah's present for her and gave her her new little blankie. Sydney has one she is attached to and was excited for Hannah to have one too. Then she got to open her gift and she was so excited to see sister gave her some lip gloss and some dress-up shoes. After that, the nurse brought her in a Big Sister bracelet for her to wear and she was so excited for it! Then she wanted to hold Hannah. She just started at her and gave her a hug and kiss. It was such a special moment seeing her meet her sister and one that I will always remember. It's amazing how much your heart grows with love!



My parents then came in to meet her and the nurse had taken Hannah to finally get her 1st bath. They didn't give her one a little after birth since she wasn't keeping her body temperature up. After, what seemed like forever, they brought her back in the room and she was in a Christmas stocking. Oh my goodness, it was the cutest thing ever! Finally my parents got to hold her and love up on her!! Then throughout the day we had a few more visitors and got to spend some more alone time bonding with Hannah. It was a good day, but I was so ready to go home, but we had to stay there for 48 hours since I was positive for group b.



The 2nd night was a rough night. Being awake for what seemed like forever, I was ready to get some rest, but Hannah had a different story. During the night, she went and had her hearing tested and they did some other things, that, of course, I don't remember. Morning came and Sydney had her dance recital that day. Adam went and picked her up and brought her back to the room for me to do her hair and get her ready.



Later on, the pediatrician came in and checked Hannah out and said she looked great and would let us go home that evening if all was still well by then. It thankfully was and we were discharged at 6pm! It felt great to get home and sleep in our own bed and start our new lives at home as a family of four!











No comments:

Post a Comment