Every month, I filled out the same 17 questions and it has been fun to read back back throughout the months from the beginning to the end. I enjoyed every part of pregnancy and am grateful for all the happy & exciting moments and even for the uncomfortable, painful and even the scary moments I got to experience! Here are some snippets throughout the months.....
.................................................
4 1/2 weeks
Mood: I’ve been so emotional, my goodness! I want to cry about everything, it’s ridiculous! I feel like I’m losing my mind too… I can’t think.
Best moment this week: Scheduling our first
8 weeks
Food cravings: No food cravings at all! I can’t even think about food!! Blehh….
Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of everything/anything food.
Gender prediction: After having my first ultrasound and seeing that the heartbeat is 171bpm, I’m thinking a girl!!! But there’s still a 50/50 chance. I really have no idea this time around. I keep thinking we will have a boy, but whenever I think that, girl is pushed back into my head. We will see!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Still been super emotional and been having some rough days. “This too shall pass…”
Best moment this week: Finding out that Crystal and Jen are expecting!! How fun will it be to be pregnant with 2 good friends!! Also, having my first ultrasound!! Adam and Sydney came along and she thought it was great! We told her the baby will look like a gummybear, so she calls it Gummybear. She also told us while looking at the pictures they printed out for us, “I think it’s a boy because it doesn’t have any hair and doesn’t have a shirt on.”
12 weeks
Miss Anything? Being able to do the dishes without getting sick!
Movement: Starting at 12 weeks, 2 days there has been some question as to what I’m feeling. But no definite yes yet.
Food cravings: Not yet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Doing the dishes. I can finally go grocery shopping without getting sick.
Gender prediction: Girl!
Best moment this week: Went to my 12 week appointment today at 12 weeks, 3days and got to hear the beautiful sound of Baby Dixon’s heartbeat!! It was 160bpm.
16 weeks
The baby is the size of a: Avocado
Food cravings: Sandwiches on the Walmart rolls with the works. One day I ate one for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The next day lunch and dinner.
20 weeks
Best moment this week: Had my 20 week ultrasound and
we have a healthy baby GIRL! I am beyond excited and thrilled!!! So happy to
see she is healthy and happy to know more about this little life growing inside
me soon to join our family. Surprised Sydney with pink or blue balloons to tell
her she is having a brother or a sister and she was beyond thrilled when she
saw those pink balloons!!
What I’m excited/looking forward to: Getting more prepared for this baby girl to join our family!!Sydney is so excited to
be a big sister!
What I’m excited/looking forward to: Getting more prepared for this baby girl to join our family!!
25 weeks
The baby is the size of a: Acorn Squash
Total weight gain/loss: Gained 9lbs
The bump: I feel so huge!Total weight gain/loss: Gained 9lbs
Maternity clothes? My shirts are starting to get a little too short.
29 weeks
Mood: Happy/anxious/emotional… you know, the works!
33 weeks
Gender prediction: Precious baby girl! Can’t wait until she is born so she can have a name! We decided on another name because I couldn’t commit to Payton Annabel and we came up with Hannah Brooklyn. But now I can’t commit to that one. I guess I just have to see her.
Belly Button in or out? It’s getting close to being all the way out.
Best moment this week: We had her baby shower last Saturday! It was a lot of fun and so many friends were able to come and celebrate!! So grateful for my mom for hosting it!!
37 weeks
The bump: Big and heavy!!
Maternity clothes? Nothing fits me anymore!!!!
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Sleep: On and off. Depends on how many times I have to get up and pee and then changing positions at night is hard. Then most times, my rib by my shoulder pops out and hurts like crazy.
Miss Anything? Being able to bend over. It’s impossible now.
Movement: She is finally having hiccups!! Who knew I would be so excited to feel them! She gets them every night between 7 and 8pm.
What I’m excited/looking forward to: Her arrival!! I am 37 weeks now and Sydney was born at 37 ½ weeks. So I’m curious to see if this pregnancy will be same or if she is comfy in there and will stay longer. Either way, only 21 days until her due date!!
(This picture was taken the night before Hannah was born.)
.................................................
All-in-all, it was a great pregnancy an despite all the challenges and being uncomfortable, I love being pregnant! (I'm sure Adam would tell you a different story, hehe)




No comments:
Post a Comment