Tuesday, April 29, 2014

{Happy 5th Birthday}

I can't believe Sydney is 5 years old now. Where have these past 5 years went?! I have loved every single second with this girl. She is growing up to be the sweetest, spunky and beautiful little girl. I couldn't have asked for anything more. She makes me happy beyond words! I'm kind of sad she's growing up so fast, but I love all the new phases of life we've went through and are going to be coming in the future. 

When she woke up the morning of her birthday, we had the hallway decorated for her, as we always do. She was asking if we were going to decorate it again this year and it makes me happy she remembers these things because we love making the day special and memorable for her. She finally got to rip off her 5 year birthday countdown and it was time to celebrate! (the last 2 were counting down to her friend birthday party.) I made her pancakes with sprinkles in them for breakfast and got to eat them in the living room while watching TV, which was super exciting for her! Then we hung around waiting for Adam to wake up (since he was on swing shift that night and was still sleeping) and then she was so anxious to open a couple presents!! First we gave her the gift from us, which was a Frozen Elsa necklace and she loved it! Do you now how hard it was to find anything Elsa?? Impossible!! She wanted the dress-up dress, but those were nowhere to be found. So I had to get creative. When you're a kid, you get excited when you get what you ask for and are really wanting. Next we gave her a gift from Grandma Puka that she sent in the mail. They live in Arizona during the winter. She was excited to receive an Anna baby doll!! "The sky is awake... so I'm awake...!!" (*note- Hannah is wearing baby Anna's crown in that bottom picture!) 




She was then excited to go to school because they do something special for the kids while they sing Happy Birthday and she was so excited that it was going to be her turn! She also took rice krispy treats with sprinkles in them to school for her birthday snack.

When she got home, we had one last big surprise from us, which was the trampoline!! My boss was selling her's for super cheap last Fall and I immediately said we would buy it! I'm so glad we decided to put it away and save it for her birthday! She was so excited to see it when she got home from school!! Not long after she got home, we had both sides of our families coming over for a small BBQ, cake, ice cream and a party.


Adam started off the party by grilling some hot dogs (her favorite food) and we ate, opened gifts and then had cake and ice cream. Both Grandma's came through and both found her Elsa stuff! My mom also painted a jewelry box for her and put Elsa pictures on it and she was so excited! (why didn't I think of that? hehe!) While she was opening her gifts, she kept saying, "Oh my goodness!!!" It was so cute! It was such a great night and I'm so grateful for family who loves her so much! Nothing is more important than that!


The master griller of the evening!





After a fun filled day, she finally crashed. She really did have a great 5th birthday and was so happy all day! I'm so grateful to be her mother and nothing makes me more happy than seeing her smile and be happy. Here's to another year of fun with her!




No comments:

Post a Comment