Yesterday morning, these two girls were pretty happy. Later that night, when it was time to re-check everybody's temperatures, Hannah started a fever at 99.6. My heart dropped!! I couldn't believe she had a temperature. So we gave her some Tylenol and the whole rest of the evening she couldn't get comfortable and thankfully, finally fell asleep. She didn't eat well and after about 5 hours of her sleeping, so I decided to wake her to eat. She didn't eat well then either. She started stirring at around 5:30am, so I got up with her an tried nursing her a couple more times and still wouldn't eat well and just wanted to sleep. At this time, her temp was still 99.4. She then started waking up again around 9am and wouldn't eat much either. And so the pattern went until around noon when she was still coughing, wouldn't eat barely anything and just wanted to sleep.
We decided to take her to the doctor and called to get an appointment but couldn't get in until 6:30. After an hour of calling and giving her another dose of Tylenol, her temp was still at 99.5. So we decided to take her into the walk-in clinic.
It had already been a rough day and I was already super emotional and I just wanted her to start feeling better. It's scary seeing her so asleep and not being able to wake her up and her being so limp. We got there and they first checked her oxygen levels and thankfully they were normal. I was worried about that. During her appointment, the doctor went back to get her machine to check her oxygen again because she thought her lips looked blue. I started panicking right then because I didn't see it and I didn't know what she was talking about! Thankfully it was still normal. (and her lips did not look blue!)
Then after looking her over and worrying about her during the whole appointment, she said that she has the nasty viral infection we all have and she also has a secondary ear infection. I was shocked to hear that! I really didn't think she would have one. My heart was broken, but I'm glad she would be able to get on antibiotic and get feeling better.
Later on in the evening, I had just got done nursing her and she finally ate a lot better than she had all day! About 5-10 minutes later, she started coughing really hard and had so much congestion that she couldn't breath very well and just kept coughing until there was no air left to cough. I started panicking big time because she couldn't get a breath and right then she threw up everything she had just eaten. I was holding handfuls and it was everywhere! I yelled for Adam and he came out and she finally was able to get her breath back. That was the scariest moment I've ever had and my worst fear ever with having a child. After I knew she was okay, I started crying because I was so scared and so relieved at the same time that she was breathing. Then I started to hyperventilate big time. That's never happened to me before, but I've never been so panicked and scared in my life.
A little later on, she started talking to me with her tiny little coos and got a couple of smiles from her. I pray she feels better tomorrow. It's been a rough day today. Adam took Monday and Tuesday off work. I asked him to on Monday because that's when she started coughing her scary little cough because I didn't want to be home alone with her like this. I'm so grateful he agreed to and could stay home with us. Tuesday he offered to stay home again because I was sick with a fever and I was on the couch all afternoon when he got up for the day, since he in on night shifts. I'm also so grateful that he reassures me that everything will be okay and that he is the one who stays calm.
We will end on a funny note! I woke up this morning to find Sydney like this....
...except sitting in the chair with her walkie-talkie. One against her ear and holding the other one out to the TV. Since yesterday, we noticed her ears have been plugged up and she can't hear well. We've actually had a couple of laughs because of it. Thankfully she is a lot better and is pretty much herself! She was able to go to her first Primary activity tonight, which was a popcorn party. She was elated she was able to go!! She misses school and her friends! At the doctor's office today, there was 1 little girl in there that she wanted to play with and get her attention so bad! She will go back to school tomorrow after being gone all last week and all this week.
Love our little family and even these rough patches we are going through.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment