Hannah Elizabeth Dixon
When did this little girl get to be 5 1/2 weeks old? It amazes me how quickly time has passed. I'm so glad I spent all the time I could holding her and looking at her and memorizing her as a newborn because she's not a newborn anymore. Her newborn clothes will soon be too small on her. It's a tight squeeze to get them on. She's still wearing NB pampers diapers. She's more awake and alert during the day now, which is great because I love when we can all interact with her. She has been smiling at us quite a bit this past week when we talk to her. I love that she's reacting to us! It melts my heart to see her smile! She's starting to find her voice as well, which is so cute! This girl has been the best sleeper! I say we've had about a week total of rough nights. Otherwise, at first I've had to wake her every 2-3 hours to feed her. Now that she is older, I've been letting her wake on her own to feed, which is usually every 3 1/2-4 hours. She is still sleeping in our room in her pack n' play. Today I started putting her in her crib for naps and she has done great! Slept awesome both times. We don't have our video monitor put up yet, so I've been in checking on her 100x throughout her naps. She loves to eat and is a great eater!! Nursing her has been so easy this time around! We have come to the conclusion that she is a happy spitter, which isn't the most pleasant thing, but I'm happy she doesn't have reflux or anything. She loves baths too, especially getting the water poured over her. Another thing she loves is watching Sydney and having Sydney talk to her. I'm excited to see their bond grow throughout this next year!
Hannah does not like getting dressed or being naked or in her diaper. She thinks she feels like she is falling and that sensation makes her cry the most terrified cry I've heard. It's rather sad, haha!
Again, we've been so blessed with this beautiful little girl and I'm so grateful that she is healthy, happy and thriving!


No comments:
Post a Comment