Tuesday, May 6, 2014

{A little bit of life lately...}


Sydney is always wanting to do something dealing with reading, writing or spelling. She's into learning how to read right now and loves reading to Hannah. Hannah, of course, loves it!! Sydney also loves writing on her easel. On the picture below, she was sounding out and spelling different words. I had to take a picture of this word she tried spelling out. "Wut" aka what. 




More practicing her letters and numbers! She got a little packed from the kindergarten registration and she has been so excited about it and the notebook she got!



................................................................................

This "Mommy Brain" stuff is really getting to me. Don't expect me to remember names or anything for that matter. I had to take a picture this day because I was taking Sydney to school, and then I realized, "Where the heck am I going?!" It wasn't to take her to school because I passed that road along time ago!


................................................................................

Last week, we had a girl's night and went to the Jive performance with some friends. They advertised they would be doing the songs from Frozen and they were performed last. It was an okay performance and the girls had a good time!

Sydney ALWAYS gives me this look when I try to take a picture with her or her by herself. I still take them anyways because they're pretty funny! I have to remember her at this age like this! :)



................................................................................

Every month, we go to Lowe's so Sydney can build the project they have for the month. She looks forward to it each time! Hannah just hung out in her stroller and happily watched!

................................................................................

I think she's teething. Enough said.


................................................................................

On Sunday, we went to Boise to visit Adam's sister and 2 girls. Adam and I always have every other Sunday off together and that's the only day unless one of us requests a day off work for a special event or something. So to get in a fun day trip before he started night shift, we decided to hang out with them for the day. Sydney and Emily wasted no time playing Frozen and I think they sung the songs the whole time! It was a much needed girl's time for them! We all just hung out and talking and then had Sunday dinner together. I really wanted to go shopping, but there was no time left. On the drive home, I calculated that Hannah's next feeding would be right when we got to Mountain Home. She started crying the minute we reached Boise and the whole time to Mtn Home. I fed her and she was happy, but the minute we got back on the freeway, she started crying again. I tried going to sit back between the girls, but she still cried and cried and didn't stop until we got home. I felt awful and it was a long car ride home! But we had a great time!


They had little ducks and chicks. My 2 favorite!!! 




................................................................................

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Adam and I had a lunch date after Sydney went to school and spent some time together before he went to work. Love spending all the time I can with this guy!


Later that night, I made an enchilada casserole and we went to my parent's house for dinner. It was a fun night!


................................................................................

Matching Mommy/Daughter pedicures!


................................................................................

Taking a break at dance to change from tap shoes to ballet shoes and had to take a couple extra minutes to make Hannah giggle! Sydney's dance recital to end the year is the first week in June. By this time, she doesn't want to go to dance. This last Monday, I told her I would take her out 5 minutes early. I didn't, but I had to say something to get her to go. She loves it, but by this time, she's ready for a break. Then after a month break into summer, she's ready to go back, but then has to wait another 2 months before the year starts back up. She's wanting to do gymnastics this year. We may look into it because she's so strong and is ALWAYS flipping herself off anything and everything! It makes me a little nervous to watch sometimes!




................................................................................

Love this guy more than ANYTHING!! Go grateful for all his hard work! Yesterday, he started back on night shift. Night shift is hard because I usually work closing shift at work and most days work 2-8pm and when Adam is on nights, he gets home at 6am and wakes up a little before 2 when I go to work. Needless to say, we don't see each other much. I already miss him as I'm writing this! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment