Monday, February 10, 2014

{'Tis the season}

I knew it was going to hit our family sooner or later. Last week Sydney started getting sick and turned into a bad cold & cough with an occasional temperature. Thankfully the highest it's gotten was 100.0! She stayed home from school all last week except for Monday. I thought she was getting better and her runny nose and cough quit, but then the next day was full blown again and seemed a little worse. Usually, I never get what sickness she has, but this time I got the cough. The first day I got it, I though it was going to burn a whole in my throat and talking hurt so bad. Then throughout the day, I thought I heard little coughs in Hannah... but I thought maybe I was just being super paranoid. But sure enough, last night she started coughing. I can't believe she has this cough too!! I started crying and got really scared because she's only 7 weeks old. I didn't want to put her down to sleep and wanted to watch her and make sure she was breathing all night. Finally, I put her down. She woke up this morning and the cough is worse! Thankfully she is sleeping a lot and I'm grateful she is getting the antibodies from breastfeeding to help her. It scares me when little babies are sick! I'm glad Sydney is older and can blow her nose and clear her throat when needed.





I wish I could take these sicknesses from both of them so they didn't have to be. There's nothing worse then seeing them sick... I pray they both start getting better soon! And poor Sydney is just worried about not being able to go to school on Friday for her Valentine's Day party. I'm glad that's the biggest thing she has to worry about in life! So grateful Adam stays strong for me and can keep calm while I am paranoid. We make a good team... well, he makes our team good! :)


We've been trying to keep her down as much as we can with her cough. Her favorite is having iPad time! Even though she's been sick, she still has a lot of energy and we definitely have cabin fever! But as of now, we are staying home and getting better. No school, no dance, no church... we'll see ya'll in the Spring!! (kidding!)





No comments:

Post a Comment