Friday, February 7, 2014

{Life as of this week}

This past week has been a good, yet long week. Sydney has had a cold and cough, so I've kept her home from school Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and thankfully they didn't have school today, Friday. I didn't want her getting worse and of course, I didn't want her spreading it around. We've had quite a bit of time to play this week, which has been nice because since Hannah's arrival, I feel like we don't get much time to do that. I wake up, feed Hannah, shower, pump, do my hair/make-up, do Sydney's hair, pick up the house a little bit, make lunch, feed Hannah, take Sydney to school and then the rest of the day I feel like I do so much, but nothing gets accomplished. Probably because I'm too busy holding Hannah! Monday I started back at work, only working Adam's days off so the girls can be home with him. I'm so grateful we are able to do that!! Going back to work wasn't as rough as it was when I did with Sydney. Sydney was 3 years when I went back, Hannah was almost 7 weeks. I only worked 16 hours this week and then only 14 next week, so not bad at all!

We've spent a lot of time in our pjs this week, which has been great!! Sydney has been loving her easel lately! Probably because I bought her new markers! This is a picture of Elsa's castle from Frozen. She says she is Elsa and I'm Anna.


.........................................................................

Here is our nanny dog, Maizee. She is always watching Hannah when she is awake!!


.........................................................................

It FINALLY snowed!! This was taken before we got like 4-5 inches of snow.



Hannah & I stayed inside where it was warm!

.........................................................................

Hannah loves Sydney! When Sydney is around her, she will do all she can to see her. She smiles at Sydney a lot, which is adorable! This morning, Hannah was smiling so big at her and was trying to talk to her and would let out a few coos. I love hearing her little voice!!


.........................................................................

I'm back to counting calories this week. I have 7lbs of pregnancy weight left to lose (out of the 36lbs I gained, yikes!). Then I'd like to lose about 15 more pounds to get to where I feel good at. I'm still trying to figure out a workout schedule and what I want to do. Hoping we can make the gym work out for me sometime, but that's not going to be anytime soon. Especially since on Adam's days off, I work. Here's a look at my daily food log...

Breakfast: Oatmeal with blueberries, coconut and sprinkles with pecans = 251 calories
Lunch: 6oz salmon and a salad topped with peas and cottage cheese = 433 calories
Dinner: Pecan crusted chicken breast, pineapple, cooked carrots and a salad = 486 calories
Snacks: Banana, peanut butter and coconut flakes
Apple
1 cup cereal and 1/2 cup milk
=538 calories throughout the day

Since I'm nursing, I'm shooting for between 1,700-1,800 calories a day and if I'm still hungry, I will have a healthy snack since I don't want my milk production to go down. I've been good at drinking 8-10 cups of water as well! Trying to get as many fruits, veggies and protein as I can!


.........................................................................

Legos have been another morning activity! 


.........................................................................

Sydney has been wanting to go sledding and build a snowman so bad all winter, but we haven't had any snow to do so. Finally today we were able to get out of the house for a little bit (after being cooped up all week) and take her sledding. Unfortunately, after sledding, she said she was too cold to build a snowman. ;) I stayed in the car with Hannah and also got to watch Adam try to use the sled as a snowboard! These two are pretty daring!!





I'm so grateful for all this snow and moisture we have received! 







No comments:

Post a Comment